PDA

View Full Version : Problems with ajax loading page into div in IE

revelationnow
01-06-2010, 10:16 AM
I've got a web page that seems to be running fine in firefox, but IE8 is having problems, or at least not doing what it should.

I've scavenged a script from http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxcontent.htm after I gave up on several other scripts that did the same thing, but wouldn't work with IE either.

It seems that my pages are loading, but there is not content in them in IE. I've tried this on a number of different computers, so its clearly a general browser issue, but since its obviously getting a '200' status after readystate 4 I am not too sure how to diagnose this.

And if I switch to compatibility view in IE, it works also. To complicate matters further, if I use the demo on this site it works fine in IE.

jscheuer1
01-06-2010, 10:21 AM
That script will not work in IE 7+ when run locally, but will work live. Have you tried it live?

revelationnow
01-06-2010, 10:35 AM
It is running live on a web server that is some place not here. SSH is working on some other pages as well. Its running off just a HTML page, there are no server side pre-processes running on the page either, theres some flash, but thats all.

jscheuer1
01-06-2010, 02:03 PM
OK, then how about a link to the problem page?

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.