View Full Version : DD Tab Menu (5 styles) - Done, but with Errors on page....

01-04-2010, 07:16 PM
1) Script Title: DD Tab Menu (5 styles)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddtabmenu.htm

3) Describe problem: I have tried to implement this on my website, but I get an error in the .js script file, and as a result, I get a message "ddtabmenu not defined". The page I am working with is


From my (very) limited Javascript skills, using the debugger (and in ColdFusion Studio, I see the line

[CODE]currentpageurl: window.location.href.replace("http://"+window.location.hostname, "").replace(/^\//, ""), //get current page url (minus hostname, ie: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/)[CODE]

become green (signifying a comment) after the "//" in [ICODE].replace(/^\//,[ICODE]. I do not know if this is what is causing the problem....

Please help!

Vinay Mehta.

01-05-2010, 04:02 AM
Did you modify ddtabmenu.js in any way? Looking at the version on your page, there are some extra characters that shouldn't be there. Try redownloading the .js file from the script page (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddtabmenu.htm).

01-05-2010, 05:13 AM
Not intentionally - All I modified intentionally were the "true" and "false" on the first two lines. However, I did download the file to my computer, then uploaded to the server using WS-FTP pro, and then used ColdFusion Studio to modify the first two lines.

So, I RDP'd to the server, and downloaded the .js file directly into the root directory, and did not edit it at all....now, it works!

Either the uploading or the editing in CF Studio added the spurious characters.... I did try editing the first two lines using Notepad, and the code continued to work...

Thanks for your help!