PDA

View Full Version : Drop down menu w/description

Tricia
09-23-2005, 09:43 PM
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/combodescribe.htm

Hi all. New to the forum. Love stuff I've found in Dynamic Drive. But, having trouble with the drop down menu. Trying to create a basic "Shop By Brand" link and don't even need the 'descriptions' that come with the script. However, my page loads fine, but when I hit "Go" I get an error and am not directed to the page I want to get to. When I dblclick the Error icon in the bot-left corner of page, the message indicates "Object expected" on the last line of the "option value" list. Make any sense?

I'm pretty new to Java Script too, so if you have any ideas, I'd love it if you kept the answers somewhat down to earth. :p

Good day, and I hope someone's got a fix for this.

jscheuer1
09-24-2005, 05:11 AM
That error usually means one of two things. Either the function that is being called is broken due to incorrect syntax or something the function is looking for is not available to it. Since you say you "don't even need the 'descriptions'", then perhaps the method you employed in removing them resulted in removing something the function was looking for. As a wild guess I'd say you need to remove all of these type of events from your markup:

onChange="displaydesc(document.form2.select2, thetext2, 'textcontainer2')"

However, it could be something else so, if that doesn't 'do it' for you: