PDA

View Full Version : CMotion help

slerivera
09-23-2005, 04:56 PM
I first want to say that I love the Cmotion script. Now with that said, I have a website with a photos page www.mikellsplot.com/photos.html that I have put this script on. I needed more than one of the script, so I put them all in Iframes. It works fine, but the page takes a long time to open. Is there a better way of putting my photos all on the same page, but in different catagories, so that the page will load faster?

jscheuer1
09-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Bytes are bytes and bandwidth is bandwidth and little ewes eat ivy. There is no real way to load images faster than they take to load. You can preload images but, for a gallery of this type, unless that is done on a preceding page, it will have no impact on the page load time. Reduce any or all of these:

1 ) The number of images

2 ) The quality of the images

3 ) The size of the images (either by cropping or resizing them in an image program)

Steps 2 and 3 are collectively known as image optimization and there are programs designed specifically for that. Use a good one of those for the best results. The goal of image optimization is to reduce the byte size of images without sacrificing quality so much that the images loses its appeal.

You could also use completely separate pages for each gallery. Or load each gallery into just one iframe, one gallery at a time, via links.