PDA

View Full Version : Need fairly simple commenting system

ldb
12-16-2009, 07:39 AM
1) Describe Work Request (be as detailed as possible):

Basically, I want a system for commenting because I'm tired of paying or using free sites.

I don't know what specific information to add. Well, the comments would pop up in a smaller, new window. I can handle that (the html part), but the coding and the .css, I'd need made.

Four basic fields. Name, email, site, and the comment box. I'd like the "comment" link on the main page of my sight to update as comments are added. So, for example, if there are no comments, it would say "C0mments", and when one is added, it would change to "C1mments". That sort of thing.

It's for a blog, so each blog has to have it's own set of comments. I don't want them all to appear on one page. I would like to be able to customize the colors, fonts, backgrounds, but the text fields and all that can stay the same, that's mine.

I'd like for them to be exported or available in a file so I never lose them.

What other information is required?

Thank you

2) Payment methods you support (ie: Paypal, 2checkout etc):

Paypal

Price: negotiable

X96 Web Design
12-17-2009, 02:08 AM
What blog system are you using? Wordpress (http://wordpress.org/) has a built-in commenting system; I can't think of any blog system that wouldn't have a commenting system!

// X96 \\

ldb
12-17-2009, 06:06 AM
I don't have a blog system. Just a regular html website.

djr33
12-17-2009, 06:25 AM
It's for a blog, so each blog has to have it's own set of comments.Then what do you mean by that? Is this in itself the whole blog? Why not use wordpress then, or some other blogging software?

ldb
12-17-2009, 07:31 AM
Oh, by blog, I meant each ENTRY. Sorry, should've clarified that.

traq
12-17-2009, 05:18 PM
well, I think blog software would still provide what you need. However, if you want something custom-written, I'd be happy to help (http://www.custom-anything.com/contactme.php).

ldb
12-18-2009, 12:09 AM
No, I've used blogs, including Wordpress in the past. I do not want them. I have maintained my blog as is for almost 8 years. I have no intention of changing it, it works great for me.

Yes, something custom-written might be just what I'm looking for. I've emailed you, thank you.