PDA

View Full Version : PHP Image Gallery + Lightbox 2.03 - Combining PHP / Jscripts?

bnovak
12-13-2009, 06:46 PM
First I just want to say kudos to the Dynamic Drive folks. Man what a help this site has been. I'm about as new as you can get to scripts and this has really helped me get moving forward.

This one might seem kind of easy. I'm trying to take advantage of the PHP photo gallery script to use the bulk image loader & thumbnail creator, but would like to use the Lightbox Image Viewer 2.03 for the fade to black background and step function through the album once an image is open.

I've gotten both to work independently, but I have yet to figure out how to merge the two togethor (or replace the lightbox viewer from the gallery, with the one from LB2.03)

Has anyone accomplished this, or something similar? Only reason I ask is I just bulk dump my images into folders and setting tags for each one individually is super tedious. Or, maybe I missed something in the photo gallery code that does the fading.....?

jscheuer1
12-13-2009, 07:46 PM
See:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showpost.php?p=211119&postcount=2

bnovak
12-14-2009, 04:21 AM
Thanks John. Great post behind that link.

I also went back to the original PHP gallery page and noticed the "how to call other scripts...."

with the two, I think I can get it to work.

Again, thanks for the help. Much obliged...