PDA

View Full Version : Plug n Play Contact Us Form

MJH
12-08-2009, 01:16 PM
1) CODE TITLE: Plug n Play Contact Us Form

2) AUTHOR NAME/NOTES: Michael J. Hill www.javascript-demos.com

3) DESCRIPTION:

A standardized "Contact Us" form with validation and other features.

Features:

* Colorful and interactive
* Automatically:
o validates and formats first name, surname, email and U.S. 10 digit phone number with extension, if needed
o deletes"banned words" and other non-alphanumeric characters from the names and the message fields

* Configuration variables:
o to choose whether the phone number field is required or not
o to set the maximum letter limit for first name, last name and email
o to declare your "banned words and phrases" array
o to set the maximum allowed words for the message field

* Displays a running count of words the user may continue to write, or the number of words the user must delete if she exceeds the maximum word limit

4) URL TO DOWNLOAD:
http://www.javascript-demos.com/download_center_lite/index_t.php?Contact_Form.zip

I can't put up a demo of this one, so I've attached a screen shot instead.

Nothing is perfect, but I believe this does an overall adequate job.

MJH
12-08-2009, 11:10 PM
This application is also available on FreewareFiles.com, my 7th.

Plug n Play Contact Us Form:
http://www.freewarefiles.com/program_4_200_53638.html

To ensure that you receive the current version, it's best to use the download link in my initial post.

djr33
12-09-2009, 12:21 AM
How does this actually send the email? The problem with mailing forms is not with the form or interface, but with actually sending the email. A form mailer is a reasonable solution, but I'm not sure it's really that useful then as a script in the library-- the real script is then just the form mailer this uses. And if that form mailer ever goes down (isn't available, server is off, url changes), then the script is useless (at least to a user who doesn't understand how to use a new form mailer).