PDA

View Full Version : Resolved AnyLink CSS Drop Down

helpme1
12-03-2009, 12:59 AM
I am newish to the world of CSS, yet have a good basic understanding of how it works.

Can someone help with: I have been playing with the code for the AnyLink Drop Down Menu, however I want to change the text colour in the drop down menu, as well as remove the 'underline' that sits on each link.

All the CSS elements I know of dont seem to work in the CSS sheet that I have used (from this site), so I am wondering if it is possible, and if you can help.

Essentially, the links are all in BLUE - typical link colour, and I want them in BLACK, with no underline.

Thanks.

NEW INFORMATION
-------------------

The script in question is: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/dropmenuindex.htm

1. I have saved the 3 files as per the instructions: anylinkmenu.js; menucontents.js; and anylinkmenu.js
2. I have out all the relevant parts in the HEADER and BODY parts of my page.
3. I have changed the names where I need, added links each section
4. It all works perfect, no problems at all.

HOWEVER:

SORRY - THEY ARE LOAD ON A TEST PART OF MY SITE - SO CANT BE VIEW BY ANYONE

1. The dropdown (in columns) shows the correct links
2. Each of the links is in the typically BLUE with an underline to show it is a link
3. WHAT I WOULD LIKE - is to be able to change the colour of the text - that is, change the BLE to BLACK; and
4. Remove the underline under each link

I HAVE - tried to add in the anylinkmenu.css file no text decoration, change font colour (color) to black, or #000000 and when I load the changes nothing has taken place. The dropdown still has BLUE UNDERLINED links.

I am wondering can I change the colour in the css file or does this have to be done on the index page, or in the menucontents.js file.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sample code:

.group1.selectedanchor{ /*CSS class that gets added to the currently selected anchor link (assuming it's a text link)*/
background: yellow;
}

/* ######### Alternate multi-column class for drop down menus ######### */

.anylinkmenucols{
position: absolute;
width: 450px;
left: 0;
top: 0;
visibility: hidden;
border: 1px solid black;
padding: 10px;
font: normal 10px Arial;
font-variant: small-caps;
z-index: 100; /*zIndex should be greater than that of shadow's below*/
background: #E3E7BE;
}

.anylinkmenucols li{
padding-bottom: 3px;
}

.anylinkmenucols .column{
float: left;
padding: 3px 8px;
margin-right: 5px;
background: #E3E7BE;
}

.anylinkmenucols .column ul{
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
list-style-type: none;
}

jscheuer1
12-03-2009, 01:40 AM
In future, please post about Dynamic Drive Scripts in the Dynamic Drive Scripts Help section here where I've moved this thread, and:

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6) for the proper posting format when asking a question.

Which anylink script (there are several) are you using?

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

helpme1
12-05-2009, 05:13 AM
I have now solved this!