PDA

View Full Version : anylinkmenu - Novice Needs Help

jcmcabee
11-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Hello from a new member. I hope I explain my problem clearly. I have been trying to get the drop down menu on mouseover to work. I can get it to work with my menu items in it's own page, however, when I insert the code into a template I get the following error when I peview in IE 8: 'Error on page' and when I double-click the error IE 8 shows this: Line: 23 Character: 0 Error: 'anylinkmenu is undefined', yet I believe I have the code in all the right places.

The page loads fine and all else seems to work except for the drop down menu I have been working on.

I use Dreamweaver 8.

Thanks in advance for any help.

jscheuer1
11-27-2009, 10:26 PM
In future, please post about Dynamic Drive Scripts in the Dynamic Drive Scripts Help section here where I've moved this thread, and:

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6) for the proper posting format when asking a question.

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

jcmcabee
11-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the tip on posting in the forums. the script link is http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/dropmenuindex.htm

The website is in the design process so I do not have much to include here. I believe I have followed the instructions that accompany the script.

Thanks again for the help.

jscheuer1
11-28-2009, 08:51 PM
That error would tend to indicate that the code is either in fact not in the right place or that you have introduced a syntactical error into it which invalidates the script in that browser.

I'd really need to see the page to be more specific.

jcmcabee
12-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the reply. Sorry, but it took me a while to get back to this. I am including the code from the html file that works, as well as the same code that I insert into the template that returns the error. The problem occurs only in the template, but I did discover that no matter if I place the code in my (main.dwt) template or in a new basic template for testing, the error occurs. My summation is that since it works in the basic html page but not in the template that it is a placement issue, as you suggested.

Thanks again.

jscheuer1
12-08-2009, 04:52 AM
I will look over in more detail (I've already had a cursory look at it) your text file when I get more time, perhaps even just a little later.

However, these sorts of things are easiest for me (and most folks, really) to diagnose if you put up a live demo of the problem and post a link to it.

Please do so if at all possible.

jcmcabee
12-15-2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks for your time. Problem is solved. I do appreciate the effort.

webanalyst
01-28-2010, 02:16 PM
what was the problem? sattmenu undefined?
If so how do you fix it?
I have similar error when I embed script into a CMS, works fine on stand alone html page or cutting script on pieces on a few directories as on CMS.