PDA

View Full Version : How to prevent an accordion link from opening upon first viewing?

pencil2print
11-24-2009, 04:45 PM
1) Script Title: Accordion Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ddaccordionmenu-arrow.htm

3) Describe problem:

When one goes to my website for the first time, an accordion link automatically opens. How do I keep it closed when a user checks out the site for the first time, and only open it when they click?

www.warrenvillerailroad.com is the website, and you can see the "About Warrenville" pops open upon visiting the site. I'd like to keep it closed, and only open when user clicks.

help please?

ddadmin
11-25-2009, 05:39 AM
Try setting no contents to be open by default in your initialization code:

//Initialize Arrow Side Menu:
ddaccordion.init({
headerclass: "menuheaders", //Shared CSS class name of headers group
contentclass: "menucontents", //Shared CSS class name of contents group
revealtype: "click", //Reveal content when user clicks or onmouseover the header? Valid value: "click", or "mouseover"
mouseoverdelay: 200, //if revealtype="mouseover", set delay in milliseconds before header expands onMouseover
collapseprev: true, //Collapse previous content (so only one open at any time)? true/false
defaultexpanded: [], //index of content(s) open by default [index1, index2, etc]. [] denotes no content.
onemustopen: false, //Specify whether at least one header should be open always (so never all headers closed)
animatedefault: false, //Should contents open by default be animated into view?
persiststate: true, //persist state of opened contents within browser session?
toggleclass: ["unselected", "selected"], //Two CSS classes to be applied to the header when it's collapsed and expanded, respectively ["class1", "class2"]
togglehtml: ["none", "", ""], //Additional HTML added to the header when it's collapsed and expanded, respectively ["position", "html1", "html2"] (see docs)
animatespeed: 500, //speed of animation: integer in milliseconds (ie: 200), or keywords "fast", "normal", or "slow"
oninit:function(expandedindices){ //custom code to run when headers have initalized
//do nothing
},
onopenclose:function(header, index, state, isuseractivated){ //custom code to run whenever a header is opened or closed
//do nothing
}
})

You may or may not also wish to disable persistence. I've highlighted both of the relevant code above.

pencil2print
11-25-2009, 02:05 PM
thank you, I'll give this a try