PDA

View Full Version : important messages

auriaks
11-22-2009, 02:00 PM
hi, I want to show some messages when user first time arrives into my site... But I need that message to apear in index.php front in the middle. I come to site, everything will come grey, and in the middle i will see message with next button... Is it possible?/
If you need more info, ask...
THANKS A LOT :)

bluewalrus
11-22-2009, 03:00 PM
In onload make an overlay div that has 100% height 100% width that's display is block or something background color grey. put a next button in that div and onclick on that overlay divs display becomes none. If you want it to fade in and out like the lightbox look at jquery.

For example: http://www.emanueleferonato.com/2007/08/22/create-a-lightbox-effect-only-with-css-no-javascript-needed/

Schmoopy
11-22-2009, 04:14 PM
When you say you want it to appear the first time a user visits your site, do you mean "a first time user", or anyone who visits the site, this is the first thing they see.

If you are referring to a "first time user", then you'll need to use cookies.

auriaks
11-24-2009, 03:17 PM
that's like: i come to site, log in, and see this litebox. then i close it and log off. And now, i log in again, but litebox doesn't appear.

auriaks
11-24-2009, 03:35 PM
how i can manage it to be shown only then when i need to?

auriaks
11-25-2009, 06:16 PM
no one knows?

bluewalrus
11-25-2009, 07:03 PM
I don't know what this means

that's like: i come to site, log in, and see this litebox. then i close it and log off. And now, i log in again, but litebox doesn't appear.

Do you mean you already made it and are having that error, you want it to work like that or something else?

Can't answer this without that, when does it need to be

how i can manage it to be shown only then when i need to?

If someone doesn't respond with an answer try and explain with more detail.

auriaks
11-25-2009, 07:12 PM
all what I need is to show users litebox when they log in first time that day. if they logs in second time that day it will not be shown.
ps. litebox script:

<html>
<head>
<title>LIGHTBOX EXAMPLE</title>
<style>
.black_overlay{
display: block;
position: absolute;
top: 0%;
left: 0%;
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
background-color: grey;
z-index:1001;
-moz-opacity: 0.8;
opacity:.80;
filter: alpha(opacity=80);
}
.white_content {
display: block;
position: absolute;
top: 25%;
left: 25%;
width: 50%;
height: 50%;
padding: 16px;
border: 2px solid green;
background-color: white;
z-index:1002;
overflow: auto;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div id="light" class="white_content">This is the lightbox content. <a href = "javascript:void(0)" onclick = "document.getElementById('light').style.display='none';document.getElementById('fade').style.display='none'">Close</a></div>
<div id="fade" class="black_overlay"></div>
</body>
</html>

jscheuer1
11-25-2009, 08:04 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~jscheuer1/side/lightbox2.04a/

auriaks
11-25-2009, 08:12 PM
but it still was shown when i left your link and entered again.

jscheuer1
11-26-2009, 12:57 AM
That's configurable (from the demo page, emphasis added):

3. Check the CSS and make sure the referenced prevlabel.gif and nextlabel.gif files are in the right location. Also, make sure the loading.gif and closelabel.gif files as referenced near the top of the lightbox.js file are in the right location, and choose true(first light shows once per session)/false(first light shows each page load) for cookieForFirstLight if using first light feature.

auriaks
11-26-2009, 09:32 AM