PDA

View Full Version : Featured Content Slider, edit js to keep contentdiv elements alive

sharps
11-21-2009, 11:27 PM
1) Script Title: Featured Content Slider v 2.4

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentslider.htm

3) Describe problem: Id like for my content within the <div class="contentdiv"> to remain active after my pagination has toggled to a new slide. Specifically i would like for a flash (.swf) element to remain loaded. Im not sure how to edit the javascript (contentslider.js) so if this is possible i would surely appreciate your help.

sharps
11-25-2009, 01:20 AM
bump?:confused:

sharps
12-12-2009, 08:06 PM
so no replies? This is still a very open ended question. The whole point is to keep the flash element alive when featured content slider has changed. I cannot see a better way to do this, the website is a single webpage with the content spread out to look like multiple pages but the reason for doing this is so that the music player flash application will still alive and keep playing while the user is surfing the rest of the content. Thanks for any and all help in advance. :)

sublime
12-16-2009, 09:35 PM
i just experienced this issue myself. Firefox seems to kill the content of the div when the CSS display property is set to 'none'. Hope this doesn't come too late to help you.

I was able to fix this by modifying the following CSS (my change is in red):

.sliderwrapper .contentdiv{display:block !Important;
visibility:hidden;position:absolute;left:0;top:0;/*required*/
filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.alpha(opacity=100);-moz-opacity:1;opacity:1;width:984px;height:688px;background:transparent;}