PDA

View Full Version : Iframe SSI script II link problem

cotching
09-17-2005, 05:19 PM
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamic.../iframessi2.htm

Hi there. This isnt a problem with the script itsself more as a problem which is generated by useing the script.

When one of the links are activated and a page is loaded into the iframe all of the animated gifs/videos which are running on the main page containing the iframe stop. Has anyone else experienced this? Can someone point me into the right direction of how to solve this.

Any help would be much apreshiated. If you would like to see an example of this error them please take a look at http://www.ukbeef.co.uk/UKBEEF.co.uk%20v2/iframe%20test.htm
and take not of twhat happens to the spinning logo in the top left of the page when any of the links are used.

jscheuer1
09-18-2005, 01:32 PM
There are a quite a number of scripts on the page, how can you be sure it is any particular one alone that is causing the problem? Also, this:
<body onLoad="PLVFO_onload() . . .causes an error because, PLVFO_onload is not defined. I'd suggest first making a page with only the one script on it and see if it still does that.

cotching
09-20-2005, 06:53 PM
cheers for your input.

based on your last comment i have set up a test page. to see which script it is that is affecting the images. There were three scripts on the original page. A scroller, which did not affest the image. A menu bar . which also did not affect the image. And the Iframe SSI script II which caused the gif to stop playing. I have uploaded the page so you can see what i mean.
http://www.ukbeef.co.uk/UKBEEF.co.uk%20v2/test/test.htm

As you can see as soon as the link is activated then the gif stops playing. any help would be much apreshiated.

Thanks

jscheuer1
09-20-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm not sure why but, this fixed it on your test page, changing the link to:

<a href="test link a.htm" onclick="loadintoIframe('myframe', this.href);return false">Link</a>This is really a better way to write the link because that way, non javascript enabled browsers will be taken to the page. If you do not want that behavior, use:

<a href="#" onclick="loadintoIframe('myframe', 'test link a.htm');return false">Link</a>Why is the iframe's display set to 'none'? Is that part of the script or something you decided upon? If you don't do that and do give the iframe a name, you could target it for non javascript browsers:

<a href="test link a.htm" target="iframeName" onclick="loadintoIframe('myframe', this.href);return false">Link</a>

cotching
09-21-2005, 12:03 AM
Hi there,

the frames display being set to none is part of the code, hot my choice but it seems to be ok like that. I have applied the links you suggested to a few of the ones on my site now and they apear to work perfectly. What can i say apart from thankyou.

If anything goes wrong, which i'm sure it wont (at least with your bit if codeing) i will post again but for now all is great and i cant thankyou enough.

regards
cotching