PDA

View Full Version : HV Menu in Mac Problem

belgirl
09-17-2005, 03:27 PM
Hi--Has anyone experienced a problem with the HV Menu in MAC browsers?

It works great on PC but when I viewed my website in a MAC browser (Safari or IE) I could only go down so far with the mouseovers on my HV menu and then it would stop. (like on sub-levels of sub-levels) Can anyone help me please??? Thanks!

jrw244
09-17-2005, 10:23 PM
Not the same as above and not with a Mac

Is it possible to run two menus on the same page? I have a horizontal and want to run a verticle also. Tried it but got errors. Here is what I tried to do.

I am using this script http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/index.htm (Ger Versluis 2000 version 5.5 24 December 2001 (updated Jan 31st, 2003 by Dynamic Drive for Opera7) Updated 19 July, 2003 by GV for CSS CompatMode) and have a question.

The script works great but I want to run 2 scripts on the site and when I do both will not work at the same time

Using a top Menu on the Horizontal (see here www.government-propaganda.com) it works fine. I also want to use a side menu on the side of the same page in the vertical position. When I do that, renaming the file to a different name, it will show the side menu but not the top. Is it possible to run 2 scripts on the same page?

If I put <script type='text/javascript'> function Go(){return} </script>

<script type='text/javascript' src=exmplmenu_var.js'></script>

<script type='text/javascript' src='menu_com.js'></script>

<noscript>Your browser does not support Java scripts. Please use the site index to navigate. </noscript>

In both places (with side menu renamed to “sidemenu”) I get a stacked error

If I use

<script type='text/javascript' src='sidemenu.js'></script>

<script type='text/javascript' src='menu_com.js'></script>

I get the stacked error doing the above

When I use <script type='text/javascript' src='sidemenu.js'></script>

both will not show

So is it possible to run 2 menus using this script on the same page? If so what will I need to edit to do so?

belgirl
09-27-2005, 03:26 AM
bump.

FordCorsair
09-28-2005, 09:54 AM
:::belgirl:::

dunno if this is relavant but i created a menu with roll-overs in 'fireworks' and one of my roll-overs wouldn't display on the Mac browsers (Safari/IE) but would on Windows... it later transpired that naming my roll over button 'link' screwed it up some how. changed the button name and all was well.

this may sound dumb... but what's a HV menu?

belgirl
10-18-2005, 12:13 AM
Well after finally finding the owner's website, it looks like this version of the HV Menu on Dynamic Drive is super outdated--I believe he is on version 13 now! LOL..so I will try that out and see how it goes...

belgirl
10-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Found out the problem--the HV Menu is not compatible with Iframes on Safari or IE 5 for Mac. At this time, there is no solution. :(