PDA

View Full Version : Simple Controls gallery IE border on inside?

timondeks
11-14-2009, 01:36 PM
1) Script Title: Simple Controls gallery V1.3

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/simplegallery.htm

3) Describe problem: Ive been testing my index page on a few different browsers and the problem Iam having is that IE9 displays the simple controls gallery with the border (set to 10px white) on the inside of the image? It works fine in FF, Opera and Safari and fills up the table cell perfectly. Would anyone happen to know what I could add to force the border to the outside?

jscheuer1
11-14-2009, 07:09 PM
IE 9? I wouldn't worry about that one yet.

timondeks
11-16-2009, 07:49 AM
sorry my bad, I meant IE8, Is there some way I could force the dimensions?

jscheuer1
11-16-2009, 08:27 AM
OK, that makes more sense. Well, as to what exactly to do I cannot say without seeing the page, but if there is no other saner solution, one may always make up a conditional supplemental stylesheet for IE, or for IE 8 specifically, example:

<!--[if IE 8]>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="ie_8.css" type="text/css">
<![endif]-->

If you are unfamiliar with external stylesheets, you may place an ordinary style section in there instead:

<!--[if IE 8]>
<style type="text/css">
/* styles for IE 8 would go here */
</style>
<![endif]-->

Whichever you use should go right after your other style declarations for the page. Style information imparted by either of these constructs will only be used by IE 8, and that will be in addition to, not in place of the other declared styles for the page. However, you may change an existing style from the other declared styles for the page by duplicating its selector and providing different properties and/or values for it in the IE 8 styles.

For more information on how these conditional comments work, see:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537512(VS.85).aspx

If you want more help:

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

timondeks
11-16-2009, 12:23 PM
That did the trick, thanks a million for the help John