PDA

View Full Version : Iframe SSI script II & External Domain

seaarch
09-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Hi All,

Would it be possible to use Iframe SSI script II with an external page loading into the iframe if the owner of the external domain would include the required javascript in the head of his pages?

I have contected the external domain owner who generally serves pages to be included using iframes in other domains. They are amenable to placing a script in the head of their pages in order that the iframe will resize to fit their content.

BUT - I must find a reliable script that is compatible with as many browsers as possible and also that script must not create an error if the external page is viewed directly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Seaarch

jscheuer1
09-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Why not do a test?

seaarch
09-17-2005, 03:06 AM
I'm reluctant to ask my external domain owner to amend several hundred pages on the basis of a test done by someone of my limited knowledge so I came here to ask people with more expertise for their comments.

jscheuer1
09-17-2005, 03:40 AM
Well, I'm not aware of anyone here who has done this. It has come up time and again. The answer has always been, no way. No one has tried putting enabling code on the off site page. An experiment would be in order, at least as a starting point. Since you are the one wishing to try this, you would actually be a pretty good choice to design the initial test - you know more about the actual conditions/situation than anyone else. If you run into problems, have trouble understanding your results or just want to know if what you think your test is telling you is actually true - I'll see what I can tell from it, possibly redesign it, if I think it needs that. I'll learn more of what you are trying to do by seeing what kind of test you construct than I could by any amount of explanation. It still may not be able to be done though. We won't know unless it is attempted.