PDA

View Full Version : Does Ultimate Fade-in slide show v2.0 work in IE8?

Esu Osmisquk
11-12-2009, 12:53 AM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in slide show v2.0

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: Everything is working fine in all browsers except Internet Explorer 8. None of the images show in IE8 although the show does run, images do not appear.

Any thoughts?

Here is my URL : http://www.calvaryrs.com/index2.html

jscheuer1
11-12-2009, 01:16 AM
Does Ultimate Fade-in slide show v2.0 work in IE8?

Yes. And it does in IE 8 on your page. However:

assets/images/banner/galtest.jpg

is missing. But that doesn't prevent it from working.

Esu Osmisquk
11-12-2009, 05:10 AM
Hello John

thanks for your reply

Yeah that is because the first 3 images are different formats, as I was trying to get it to work in IE8 and I thought perhaps the problem was the image format. All my images are there, and in correct path, if you check in firefox, you will see that the images are showing. (the only one that doesnt show in FF is the PNG, which is image 2)

The problem in IE 8 is that the show is working fine, but none of the images are showing, there is just a black box. I am guessing there is a fix perhaps for I E 8? maybe something to do with the calling of the image?

I am curious, were you able to see any out of the 8 images in the show in IE8? If so, what operating system are you using? I am using XP, IE8, on parallels, on my mac. Maybe it is just not going work in my parallels on my mac huh?

Let me know your thoughts when you can!
Thanks
Joseph

jscheuer1
11-12-2009, 09:12 AM
View the demo page in IE 8 - works fine. So there is nothing wrong with the script. And, as I said, even your test page was working fine in IE 8 here when I viewed it. Just the one missing image as far as I could tell, and that was missing in other browsers as well. Perhaps you need to clear your cache and refresh the page in IE 8 - you may have an older version of it and/or its resource files cached on your end.