Hello Folks,
i want to make ToolBar visibility=false onload of a page

please assist me how to accomplish it..
Regards,
Jignesh

jscheuer1
09-16-2005, 09:01 AM
That can only be done if you launch the page in a new window:

<a href="some.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href, 'newWin', 'status, scrollbars, resizable, location, directories, menubar');return false;">Some Page</a>

JigsJS
09-16-2005, 10:03 AM
Thx for the reply..
actually it is my login page which is my 1st page of application...so will not be able to use that code.....
Kindly suggest if another alternative....

Regards,
Jignesh

jscheuer1
09-16-2005, 02:49 PM
There are many sites that, for various reasons, want the browser window customized for the user's visit to the site. Usually this is a bad idea because, although you think you can, you really cannot anticipate all of the consequences for the user that this may entail. In many cases, rather than add to the functionality or appearance of your site, as you may intend, it can detract from them. Your content should not be dependant upon such things anyway. That being said, the way folks do this is to have an initial page load in the users browser as usual but have only a greeting there, perhaps a logo and/or one image. On this page is also a link something like:

<a href="pages/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href, 'newWin', 'status, scrollbars, resizable, location, directories, menubar');return false;">Click to Enter</a>That pops up the rest of the site (which in this example is in the directory 'pages') in the custom window.

JigsJS
09-17-2005, 06:28 AM
thx for the reply..
actually its a web-application in which user whenever logs out he is directed back to Login Page.But sometimes he presses "Back" button and gets into the application which we want to avoid.
so i was trying...to change this....

Regards,
Jignesh

mrwampler
09-22-2005, 03:59 PM
Have we found a solution to this? I have a similar issue. In my case I have a page with a list displayed. The Print Button opens a _new window. (The form's target is set to _new.) I want the tool/statusbars taken off onLoad since this is printable "static" list and we don't need any toolbars. Navigation is provided back to the opener via a simple window.close() button. I will not use a pop-up in this case. I need the input parameters that are present on the opener page. Using a window.open() will force me to sloppily fake a true request. We can live with the toolbars there rather than overhauling the application.

Thanks,

Mr.Wampler

mrwampler
09-22-2005, 04:04 PM
thx for the reply..
actually its a web-application in which user whenever logs out he is directed back to Login Page. But sometimes he presses "Back" button and gets into the application which we want to avoid.
so i was trying...to change this....

Regards,
Jignesh

The application needs to force the log-out altogether. A user doesn't need to "press the Back button," he can press Backspace (like I do) or Alt+LeftArrow to do a Back Event. Your application needs to check for log-in status on every request. Eliminating the toolbars does not avoid this user behavior in your case.