PDA

View Full Version : php.ini

bluewalrus
11-03-2009, 12:20 AM
Is php.ini always being read? I'd imagine not but can't seem to find what to change to make the changes take affect. The the options I've thought are restarting the server, uninstalling and reinstalling php with the correct settings, or to stop IIS and restart it. This is on windows. Thanks for any ideas.

thetestingsite
11-03-2009, 12:25 AM
php.ini is read at the start up of the webserver at the time the php executable is loaded. You could simply restart IIS in order to see changes made to the php.ini file or reboot the whole server. You should not have to reinstall PHP unless you messed something up so bad that it would be your only option.

Hope this helps.

bluewalrus
11-03-2009, 04:19 AM
Okay thanks, I'll try this in a bit.

bluewalrus
11-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Okay, I've only been able to get the affects to take affect with rebooting the whole server. Could someone tell me how to restart the server without rebooting?

My guess is in the IIS manager select server, select websites, select the page to restart, right click, click stop, click start. If this is correct how long should I expect for the site to be down for as well. Rebooting takes me 10 minutes.

I tried restarting the DefaultAppPool but that didn't work. Thanks.

Can't get into advanced but recycling to this to work. This is resolved.