PDA

View Full Version : dropdowntabfiles - default hover color problem

logionweb
10-29-2009, 06:55 PM
1) Script Title: ddtabfiles

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/droptabmenu.htm

3) Describe problem:
The default for the highlighted nav menu tab is not working. I tried Customization # 3 and both tabs were highlighted. How do I not have any of the tabs show a hover color when the page is opened? Right now the "Buildings" tab is showing this. Driving me nuts trying to work around it. help? http://bmi.logion.net
thanks,
David

from ddtabfiles page:

3) Script to call following the HTML for both of the above to initialize a Tab Menu instance:

Finally, with both parts of a Drop Down Tabs defined, you should call the following script to initialize it on the page:

<script type="text/javascript">
//SYNTAX: tabdropdown.init("menu_id", [integer OR "auto"])
tabdropdown.init("bluemenu", 0)
</script>

The first parameter (highlighted in red) should be the ID of the Menu Tab to initialize once the page has fully loaded. The second parameter is optional, and lets you set which tab should be selected by default- enter either an integer (0=1st tab, 1=2nd tab etc), or "auto" to have the script try to automatically select the tab that matches the current page's URL *. And that's it!

ddadmin
10-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Not sure I understand actually. Right now the "Buildings" tab appear selected by default when the page loads. No other tabs are selected. You say:

The default for the highlighted nav menu tab is not working. I tried Customization # 3 and both tabs were highlighted.

What do you mean by both tabs?

logionweb
10-30-2009, 03:13 PM
sorry, forget my reference to two tabs when I tried to fix it.
How do I eliminate the Building tab from being highlighted on all the pages?

Nile
10-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Change:

tabdropdown.init("colortab", 3)
</script>

To:

tabdropdown.init("colortab", auto)
</script>

logionweb
10-31-2009, 07:13 PM
Thanks nile !!!!!!

Nile
10-31-2009, 11:48 PM
Glad to help you! Your welcome!

It seems your topic is solved... Please set the status to resolved.. To do this:
Go to your first post ->
Edit your first post ->
Click "Go Advanced" ->
Then in the drop down next to the title, select "RESOLVED"