PDA

View Full Version : Dropdown wont hide (AnyLink CSS Menu v2.2)

mimib
10-29-2009, 04:39 PM
1) Script Title: AnyLink CSS Menu v2.2

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...anylinkcss.htm

2a) my website: http://www.thewatchprince.com/

3) Describe problem: If you move over the dropdowns quickly (as when moving from the search box at the top of our page to the content section below the menu bar) SOMETIMES the dropdowns stick. They just stay open. To make them go away, you have to move your mouse pointer back into the dropdown area and then move out again.

I did not experience this the whole time I was building/testing the menu, but now that I'm using the menu live, I keep stumbling across this irritating result. I've tried tweaking the delay and fade times, but nothing seems to help.

I, personally, am using FireFox 3.5.4. My boss uses IE 8 and says he has not noticed this behavior.

ddadmin
10-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Personally I'm not able to duplicate this issue in FF 3.5x Just to be clear, the issue occurs when you quickly move the mouse from the seach box at the very top to the content below the menu bar, whereby the menu bar is in between? If I move the mouse very quickly, the drop down never appears. If I move it just slowly enough, it does, but disappears as I move the mouse out of the drop down.

What kind of PC are you using speed wise? Try disabling the fading effect inside the .js file:

effects: {delayhide: 200, shadow:{enabled:true, opacity:0.3, depth: [5, 5]}, fade:{enabled:false, duration:500}}, //customize menu effects

mimib
11-02-2009, 05:49 PM
I've got a Dell Optiplex, Pentium 4 CPU, 3.00 GHz, 1.99 GB RAM.

I really can't disable the fade -- the drop-down effect is really strange looking without it. Our site is live and is pretty heavily in use right now (sale going on) and that's not the experience I want my customers to encounter.

I wish I could tell you more. The drop downs just stick. I can even browse to another page and back again and they will still be displayed. It's always when I'm moving around quickly.

Thanks for looking. I guess if I start getting complaints I might have to try a different drop-down script -- I just really like this one because it is so simple and clean.

mimib
11-11-2009, 07:26 PM
How about this.... Maybe part of the problem is that the dropdowns appear instantly when the mouse moves across a link. If I move over several links in succession, maybe there is some sort of overload going on in the jscript.

Is there a way to make the drop down appear only after you hover over the link for a half second or so instead of instantly? That way, they won't keep appearing as you casually move you mouse around the screen for other things.

or maybe some sort of trigger that tells one dropdown to hide instantly when another dropdown is triggered?

thanks, mimi