PDA

View Full Version : Conveyor Belt Slideshow img opacity rollover

shonamelissa
10-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Hi all,

I am using the Conveyor Belt Slideshow (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/leftrightslide.htm) and would like to know if there is a way to set the opacity of the images down to say, 20% and then when the cursor rolls over the img it goes back to 100%.

Is this possible?

Thanks so much, if I can find an answer to this it would be extremely useful on my portfolio. I have already searched the DD forums and google but will keep trying.

jscheuer1
10-22-2009, 07:12 AM
Due to the differences in browsers, it might be easiest to use jQuery for that. Put this in the head of the page:

<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.3/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Then in the function fillup() in the conveyor script add the highlighted as shown:

function fillup(){
if (iedom){
cross_slide=document.getElementById? document.getElementById("test2") : document.all.test2
cross_slide2=document.getElementById? document.getElementById("test3") : document.all.test3
cross_slide.innerHTML=cross_slide2.innerHTML=leftrightslide
;(function($){
$('#test2, #test3').find('img').css('opacity', 0.2)
.mouseover(function(){$(this).stop().animate({opacity: 1}, 'slow');})
.mouseout(function(){$(this).stop().animate({opacity: 0.2}, 'slow')});
})(jQuery);
actualwidth=document.all? cross_slide.offsetWidth : document.getElementById("temp").offsetWidth
cross_slide2.style.left=actualwidth+slideshowgap+"px"
}
else if (document.layers){
ns_slide=document.ns_slidemenu.document.ns_slidemenu2
ns_slide2=do . . .

shonamelissa
10-25-2009, 11:25 AM
Perfect John. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I'm very pleased to received a response that will help me as I really wanted this feature.
:)
Shona

bsakkers
02-27-2011, 06:29 PM
hello there,

i also found this beautifull piece of software :) i'd like to put a text underneath the images. Is that possible? I've seen the reply about using title , but that is not what i am looking for. I;d like to place to lines of text underneath each image.

Can you help me with that?

kind regards,

barry