1) Script Title:
Ajax Pagination script v1.2.2
2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxpaginate/index.htm
3) Describe problem:
I enclose snap and have some questions:

1. Next buttons shows strange symbol like: Next t'
How to avoid this?

2. Previous has the same design as Next. This is very strange.
How to make different design?
If there is Style for previous and next link than defined background image for the Next button will work also for Previous although it should be blocked CSS...

3. I can not control background of active number's page.
See how it looks if I hoover.

4. If numbers go from 1-120 it should expand background image. How to control this?
I have fixed background image...120 (3 characters) is not the same as 2 (one character).

I'm new to this. How to control these items?

ddadmin
10-19-2009, 11:34 PM
To answer your questions:

1) Depending on the encoding of your page, the ">>" symbol used by the script may not look correct. Inside the .js file, find the below line:

paginateHTML+='<li><a href="#next" rel="'+(selectedpage+1)+'">next </a></li>\n' //next link HTML

Try changing the code in red to a different HTML entity value (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_XML_and_HTML_character_entity_references) that displays the symbol you want correctly.

With regards to your other questions, have you tried playing around with the CSS of the script? The relevant parts would be:

.pagination a:hover{
border: 1px solid #2b66a5;
color: #000;
background-color: #FFFF80;
}

.pagination a.currentpage{ /*Style for currently selected page link*/
background-color: #2e6ab1;
color: #FFF !important;
border-color: #2b66a5;
font-weight: bold;
cursor: default;
}

.pagination a.disabled, .pagination a.disabled:hover{ /*Style for "disabled" previous or next link*/
background-color: white;
cursor: default;
color: #929292;
border-color: transparent;
}

You'll probably want to change "background-color" in red above to just "background" to specify the desired background image depending on the links' states, such as background:url('somebg.gif').