PDA

View Full Version : Animated DIV: Variable Height Issue

willofboston
10-09-2009, 08:41 PM
1) Script Title: Animated Collapsible DIV v2.4

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/animatedcollapse.htm

3) Describe problem: I have the script working fine. However, if I don't specify a height value, the slide animation is very choppy (my guess is due to the script adjusting to the content height on the fly). Once a height is specified, the animation slides smoothly. My issue is I have this implemented in a Wordpress install where the content of the hidden DIV is a user generated post that can change heights depending on the amount of content inserted by the user. As in, they can type whatever they want and I have no way to know ahead of time. How can I keep the smooth animation without specifying a height?

And sorry, this is on an intranet site, so no URL.

ddadmin
10-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Actually, whether or not an explicit height is defined shouldn't make that much of a difference smoothness wise in itself. It only becomes an issue if the content DIV being animated is very long, though there may be other subtle variables as well that I'm not aware of. Ideally if you can put up a test page demonstrating what you're saying, it will help.