PDA

View Full Version : U-Fade 2.0 no show

Hardbyte
09-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Sorry to high-jack the tread, I get get the script to work in IE and Firefox but NOT Chrome, Safari or Opera?

Testing it on www.henleyandbarr.co.uk/index2.php (view the source) I just have blank white space in Chrome/Opera and Safari but seems fine in IE/Firefox.

Any ideas?

jscheuer1
09-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Don't be sorry, and Don't Hi-Jack.

In future, please post about your own issue in your own thread, like here where I've moved this post, and:

Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6) for the proper posting format when asking a question.

Yeah I know, you thought that was already covered, but please let us know, and please no more hijacking.

I did however take an interest in your page. It appears that the problem is some sort of conflict between jQuery and Prototype (or its various helper scripts). There are several routes you could go down. The best would probably be to use a jQuery Lightbox in place of the Prototype lightbox, use Google, you will find at least two, probably more jQuery Lightboxes. Or you could use the built in Lightbox of the slideshow. Or you could use the earlier version (1.51) of the slideshow which doesn't rely upon jQuery, but integrating Prototype Lightbox into it is a bit tricky - just a bit - and varies by Prototype Lightbox version. Or attempt to resolve the conflict - in theory simple - but with Prototype/jQuery I've seen it become virtually impossible. In any case, it is best to stick to just one javascript library (be it jQuery, Prototype, MooTools or whatever) per site.

Added Still Later:

Looking at this again I see you don't appear to even be using the Prototype Lightbox or its helper scripts, so if you were just to remove the following:

<script src="/common/includes/javascript/scriptaculous/lib/prototype.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/common/includes/javascript/scriptaculous/src/scriptaculous.js?load=effects" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/common/apps/lightbox/lightbox.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/css/lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />

from that page, you should be fine.

Hardbyte
09-29-2009, 09:30 AM
Thanks John, removing the prototype lightbox fixed the fading issue.

Again, apologies for hi-jacking - didn't see the point in re-creating a new thread over the same issues as others and no-one was helping on another thread.

Works now anyway.

Many thanks

jscheuer1
09-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Well, the issues can often seem the same (in this case I believe it was the slideshow not showing up), but the cause can be different (like I don't believe the other person was using Prototype, and a different set of browsers was affected). Besides, if you show up in a thread with your own problems before the original person gets their issues resolved, you are interrupting - potentially confusing the original person.

For those reasons I imagine - possibly others - it is board policy to have folks start their own threads for their own issues.