View Full Version : Upset with Support!

MultimediaGuy
09-28-2009, 04:00 PM
1) Script Title:
Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.0)

2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem:
My problem now seems to be the level of Assistance that the moderators of this forum give - and what they choose to assist with.

In the Sticky -
1) Questions regarding how to get multiple copies of the same script to work on the same page,

I can understand why they would choose not to assist with this - for the reason they state - however - in the instance of the "Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v2.0)" script - the code is written for MULTIPLE instances to function - and the DEMO shows this functioning on the same page!!

The issues I have seen with this - on this forum, and my issue was was well - was that we tried to put the instances inside <DIV> tags - mainly CSS controlled TABS, or in other posts I saw sliders, etc.

My question - what is the difference? :confused: If the code works on the same page with multiple slideshows, why will it not work if you put each slideshow instance inside another <DIV> tag??

And the BIGGER question - WHY will you not give us the time of DAY??? We are just trying to get our code to work - same as anyone else - we deserve the same respect! :mad:

Having said that - I do appreciate the code on this site - you do some awesome work! I will continue to use your code - and I appreciate all who contribute to the code and to the forum! :D

traq
09-28-2009, 07:55 PM
To begin with, I understand how frustrating coding problems like this can be, but I think there are two things you are overlooking in your complaint: 1) these scripts are FREE. 2) the moderators are VOLUNTEERS.

As for your question about multiple instances, yes, those questions are supported, and simply being in seperate <div>s shouldn't be an issue. Since you said the <div>s are tabs, I would suspect (don't know - haven't seen your code) that the issue may be caused by a conflict with the script that controls your tabs.

A good way to find out is to put the slideshows on a page **by themselves** (NO other scripts at all) and then add the tabs. If they work first and stop working after you put in the tabs, then it's a conflict with another script.

I hope this helps,
-traq

ddadmin
09-29-2009, 09:07 PM
As Traq mentioned, some questions on the forums go unanswered simply because we can't cover all of them. There are only a small handful of people currently answering DD related script questions, and the sheer volume of questions that get posted daily means some will inevitably not get answered. That's simply an unfortunate fact of life, for a lack of better way to put it. In other words, please don't take it personally when your question isn't answered. :)

MultimediaGuy
09-29-2009, 09:16 PM
I do completely understand that not every question is answered - and I do apologize if I upset anyone - that was not my intention -

I just wanted to see if you were actually active on the site -- since I had a lot of people reading, and not one single reply. Sometimes a simple - "gee that sucks - sorry to hear that - wish I could help" would be better than nothing - :p

I do appreciate your reply - and I did have to abandon my attempts to make it work - and move on - with just the slideshow - and no tabs.

I'd love to figure out what is causing this weird issue - but I have no miore time to mess with it.

Thanks again.

ddadmin
09-29-2009, 09:25 PM
If you're referring to this thread (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48705), I'm fairly certain the issue has to do with the duplicate variables you were using in initializing your slideshows. The example is now gone, so unfortunately I can't verify that.

traq
09-30-2009, 03:55 AM
hi - sorry if I sounded upset in my post. I was trying not to sound like I was pouncing on you. :D I've got a bunch of threads here that no one ever got around to addressing -some I figured out myself, but others are still out there...

realistically, on a discussion forum, a thread isn't "dead" until it's been sitting for at least a week. At that point, I may "bump" it if I still have the problem. Throw out a few things I've tried to solve it and what happened. It helps generate interest, and proves that I'm not just waiting for someone to write my code for me :p

I try to help out where I can, but a lot of this site is javascript - and that's where I need help more than I can give it!

MultimediaGuy
10-07-2009, 01:32 PM
I do understand - I have moderated fourms before - they do get overwhelming! :eek:

I will try to help where I can as well - I have answered a post or two here already - ;)

It is frustrating on the other end though too - when you have a problem, usually you have a deadline associated with it, and a very small window of opportunity where your boss is giving you some grace to get your idea working - otherwise - time to move on, and that's what I ultimately had to do with mine.

I will look again at the duplicate variables idea that ddadmin was talking about - I may resurrect the tabs design at at a later date if I can get it working! :o

There is defiantly a conflict with the tabs though - because you are right - they work fine without them - even multiple slideshows on the same page!

Oh well - Thanks again for the support guys! Keep up the Great work! :D