PDA

View Full Version : Jump to top Link - Re-position

Unsigned
09-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Does anybody know how i could center the text. You can view the page at http://www.unsignedmuzik.com/gigs.html
I have tried putting the script into seperate tables but it still appears in the bottom right of the screen and i would like it to be with the rest of the page information.
Thanks.

jscheuer1
09-10-2005, 07:38 AM
Here is where the positioning is set:

w=ns6 || window.opera? window.innerWidth-crosslogo.offsetWidth-20 : ietruebody().clientWidth-crosslogo.offsetWidth-10
h=ns6 || window.opera? window.innerHeight-crosslogo.offsetHeight-15 : ietruebody().clientHeight-crosslogo.offsetHeight-10If you would rather the link be centered, use:

w=ns6 || window.opera? (window.innerWidth-crosslogo.offsetWidth)/2 : (ietruebody().clientWidth-crosslogo.offsetWidth)/2
h=ns6 || window.opera? window.innerHeight-crosslogo.offsetHeight-15 : ietruebody().clientHeight-crosslogo.offsetHeight-10However, it will then be over or, possibly under, your other content. To simply adjust the positioning, play with the red numbers. The first line is the horizontal (distance from the right edge) positioning the second one, vertical (distance from the bottom edge). The first figure in each line influences the Mozilla (FF&NS) and Opera positioning, the second figure IE.

Unsigned
09-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Brilliant, thanks very much.

drb
03-23-2006, 11:47 PM
Can somebody help me out?
I tried changing the numbers as suggested above. But link stays far bottom right corner. I am using maxthon/IE browser. And same case in FF too.

I am trying to move bit closer to center.

Any help please?

thanks,

drb

jscheuer1
03-24-2006, 02:18 AM
PLEASE: Include the URL to your problematic webpage that you want help with.

drb
03-25-2006, 12:34 AM
I am really sorry. page is in a secure server/univ. Unable to disclose.
Link remains the same place, no matter how much ever i increase or decrease the numbers.

drb

jscheuer1
03-25-2006, 12:47 AM
Well, as shown by tests here and the response from the original post on this, the code works. There must be either something you are doing or not doing that is preventing from working or some problem with your browser or its settings. To understand what might be happening, seeing the page would be best. Could you put up a demo copy of the problem page somewhere more accessible?