PDA

View Full Version : black background precedes images in Ultimate Fade-in slide show v2.0

lauras2009
09-24-2009, 04:08 AM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in slide show v2.0

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: There is a black background that flashes (and is pretty noticeable) before the slide show starts. I would be happy if the black could be converted to some other color, but I have a sneaky feeling that this is not possible ...

(I tried changing all instances of "black" to something else, to see if I could isolate where the black was coming from, but the truth is, I have no idea how it works or how to fix it.)

Thanks for any help!

Laura S.

ddadmin
09-24-2009, 07:43 AM
You should be able to change the black background by changing the code in red below inside the .js file:

setting.$wrapperdiv=$('#'+setting.wrapperid).css({position:'relative', visibility:'visible', background:'black', overflow:'hidden', width:setting.dimensions[0], height:setting.dimensions[1]}).empty() //main slideshow DIV

lauras2009
09-24-2009, 04:10 PM
it doesn't work. I tried replacing that 'black' with 'red' and also the hex value for white, '#ffffff' -- but no luck.

I have a feeling it's only something that can be done in jQuery, but since I've never written a line of jQuery in my life, I would have no idea where to begin.

Any other ideas ... anyone? anyone?

Laura S.

rolf s
09-24-2009, 08:02 PM
try changing the changing the code in line 49:

.... background:'black'})

use 'white' or another color, but without '#'

example:
'ff0' or 'ff0000'

But is there a way to change the color by using javascript and not by changing the code of the .js file?

lauras2009
09-24-2009, 08:51 PM
I was sure I tried that ... but I guess I didn't! Hooray thank you so much.

Laura S.