PDA

View Full Version : Black Box in IE for Ultimate Fade-in Show 2.0



bphodges
09-18-2009, 04:01 AM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in slide show v2.0

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem:

Slideshow works perfect on FF/Safari, but all I get is a black box in IE.

http://www.sga.ua.edu

ddadmin
09-18-2009, 05:17 AM
Are you talking about Swiss Army Slideshow instead? I see that on your page, which works in IE8 at least btw.

bphodges
09-18-2009, 05:22 AM
I switched just because I couldn't have a black box on there. Im creating another page thats not public and I'll post here. I wanna try to resolve the ultimate fade-in show problem, because I like the options and script overall more than Swiss Army.

New Link: http://www.sga.ua.edu/index3.cfm

ddadmin
09-18-2009, 09:59 PM
The slideshow on that page works fine for me in IE8 at least. Are you talking about another version of IE?

bphodges
09-21-2009, 04:46 AM
Hmm. I guess earlier versions. IE7 hasn't worked for me on multiple PCs. Nor does it work on my IE page load plugin on FF. IE7 it doesnt work.

jscheuer1
11-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Hmm. I guess earlier versions. IE7 hasn't worked for me on multiple PCs. Nor does it work on my IE page load plugin on FF. IE7 it doesnt work.

I have IE 7 and I see what you mean. First thing to try is a valid URL DOCTYPE like:


<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">


instead of (from your page's source code):


<!DOCTYPE HTML>

It would probably also be a good idea to include the opening <html> tag right after that, it's missing, and I believe it's required.

Also, your body tag:


<body onLoad="P7_ExpMenu()" onLoad="fadeSlideShow">

That second onload won't do anything other than perhaps cancel the first one. At least for testing purposes, I'd try it first without either:


<body>

Then, after you see how that goes, with just the first:


<body onLoad="P7_ExpMenu()">

jscheuer1
11-27-2009, 05:35 PM
OK, I just tried this out and it worked. But those (reasons in my previous post) may not have made a difference. When I tried this locally, it wouldn't load your iepngfix.htc - so that might have been all that was required to fix this. In any case though, iepngfix is only of any use in IE 6 and less, so there should be conditional comments in place to prevent it's use in all but those browsers.

Remove:


img, /*#container ,#menuwwrapper*/ {behavior: url(iepngfix.htc);}


from your sga2.css file and place it on your page(s) like so:


<!--[if lt IE 7]>
<style type="text/css">
img, /*#container ,#menuwwrapper*/ {behavior: url(iepngfix.htc);}
</style>
<![endif]-->