PDA

View Full Version : Featured Content Glider - prototype.js

pvernaglia
09-12-2009, 11:37 PM
1) Featured Content Glider

2) http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentglider.htm

3) Hi, 2 things about Featured Content Glider, by the way, I love this script, thanks for it and supporting it.

I wanted to use Feature content on the same page with a light box that uses prototype.js. When I install prototype on the page the glider stops working. Any way for the two of them to live together?

Second thing, I have 3 different versions of Glider, the original, one that fades and one that changes with mouse hover. And I cut and pasted one that hovers and fades. Any way to wrap these all into one script? Add fade as an option along with updown leftright and an initalization option for hover?

Thanks again, great scripts!

dannygm
10-26-2011, 04:23 AM
i know that this thread is old but some people out there still have issues with this function so my answer could be helpful to other people who google this.

to solve this issue you gotta use the latest version of jQuery wich has included jQuery.noconflict() function

many other libraries and Frameworks uses the symbol "$" as jQuery does... so whenever you are calling to that function it enters in some sort of conflict with jQuery

you can do the following to avoid that

<code>

<script type="text/javascript">
var j = jQuery.noConflict(true);
</script>
<script type="text/javascript">

</code>

in there you are creating a variable named j and setting the noConflict to it

then you can replace in your code whenever you have the symbol "$" for the var "j" in this eg.

$(document).ready(function() {

can be replaced with

j(document).ready(function() {

jscheuer1
10-26-2011, 05:36 AM
Or, at least in the case of the original question, you could use a jQuery based lightbox. A better solution really as far as code economy and efficiency goes. In fact, almost anything you might want to do with prototype can be done with jQuery, so this solution has a broader aspect to it as well.