PDA

View Full Version : "Restart Scroller" button for Pausing RSS Scroller

Beverleyh
09-10-2009, 11:45 AM
1) Script Title: Pausing RSS Scroller

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/rsspausescroller/index.htm

3) Describe problem:
Its not a problem as such but I was wondering how to implement a "restart scroller" button, that starts the scroller from the beginning again when pressed (without reloading the whole page).

The easiest method that springs to mind is to use an Iframe and reload the RSS scroller page from the parent page but I would prefer not to use an Iframe.

Let me know

Thanks

ddadmin
09-11-2009, 04:40 AM
By restart, do you simply mean have the script scroll from the top again without any changes to the RSS contents, or an actual refresh of the entire scroller contents as well? There's no quick way to do the later at the moment unfortunately.

Beverleyh
09-11-2009, 07:46 AM
Hi,

Yes, just for the news to start scrolling again from the beginning without any update/change in content is all I need.
The news doesnt get updated any more than once or twice a week so the latter isnt necessary for my needs.

Beverleyh
09-17-2009, 02:18 PM
So, does any body know how to do this without the use of an Iframe?

Beverleyh
05-05-2010, 11:20 AM
Just wondering is anyone have managed to make a manual "restart" button for the scroller yet using javascript rather than an Iframe - I'm still looking for a solution.

If anyone could please assist me that would be great.

Thanks