PDA

View Full Version : Attempting to modify "DHTML Slide Show Script"

norm04
09-07-2005, 03:08 AM
Script: DHTML Slide Show Script
URL: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamic.../dhtmlslide.htm

Hello,
I am trying to modify the following code for the link section only. I have the slide show working pretty well and would like the link to act similar to this.

Would like to know if we can make the link come up as a pop up window insted of a new page in your browser? Similar to the one on this page when clicking on the image to view the larger image.

http://www.z3roadster.net/dreamweaver/dHTML_Slideshow_Demo/ss_with_fullsize_in_popup_custom.htm

Also the other question would be when clicking on the next or previous page arrows and when at the last image it stops. Can we have it to just start over from begining meaning going back to image one. Similar to the one on the same page as the example given above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
norm04

norm04
09-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Hello,
I was able to find all my answers in a previous thred. Thanks a bunch. It works just like I wanted it. I just have a question from here to fine tune this slideshow. When I click on the image for the popup I still get a small border on the top and the left side only.
Is there a setting to be changed to have no borders at all, or can we insert something like this 'hug image','0');return document.MM_returnValue" where I have seen elsewhere? This will leave a 0 pixel border around the entire popup image.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
norm04

norm04
09-11-2005, 06:51 AM
Hello all,
I worded the last post incorrectly. It is not the border that there is an issue.

When clicking on the image to get the pop up window for the larger image from the slide show I get the image up against the window on the right and the bottom, but I get a 5px. white space on the left and top only.

Is there a setting to make the entire image to fit snug in the pop up window?

I do have the demensions for the pop up window that will load the same as the image size.

I was also wondering if we can modify the code to just click anywhere on the screen to close the pop up window instead of the close 'X' button on the top of the window?

Any help would be greatly appreciated if I could get these final two edits complete.

This is one of the better scripts for a slide show that I have seen. Thanks to DD for their JavaScripting knowledge.

norm04