return true;

}

Can someone help or suggest a way to get translated webpage on submit
click..
Thanks for your help in advance

Vinay

dhvani
09-22-2009, 05:10 AM
Hey i am facing the same problem and not get any solution yet.
Please tell me if you found any solution.

Thanks.

djr33
09-23-2009, 12:47 AM
Google translate grabs everything from your page, runs it through their server then outputs it on their server. That means you are no longer at your website-- you're on google. So things like forms, etc., that rely on being on your webpage probably won't work any more.

There is no real "solution" to this except finding another way to translate the page.

Here are some ideas:
1. Translate the pages yourself (using google translate if you must), and saving a copy on your website (like spanish.yoursite.com) so it's translated for the visitors but still being served from your website and forms, etc., will work.
2. Implement a translation system. You can setup variables (like "$welcomenote") and store the user's language choice. $welcomenote would then be replaced by "Welcome!" or "ˇBienvenido!" depending on English/Spanish version of the page. This would take a lot of time to setup, but it is the best solution if possible. You'd need a database and a serverside language (like php) to make this work.
3. Look for an add on to your site that will do what google does, but from your server. It would dynamically process all of your pages into a language then output it but still be ok for forms and other content because it's not on an external site like google. However, I don't know what (if any) options there are like this, so do a google search and see what you come up with, though I doubt there will be much for free.

Also, remember that though google translate is a good translator, no automated translator will do a very good job or effectively replace human translation. If it is at all possible, try to actually have a person translate the pages, or maybe just give up on having the site in multiple languages. (Anyone can use google translate for your webpage; you could just link to that and explain how.) It may seem like you're helping a lot, and in some ways you are, but machine translation is often so bad (and, as is, strange for technical reasons, like forms), that it just gets in the way and visitors may have better luck with the English page and copying the sections they need to translate themselves. Aside from a truly multilingual site, which is difficult to setup, that is probably the best approach.

dhvani
09-23-2009, 04:36 AM
Hi,

Thanks.

I also thought so that manual translation is the best option.
I just wanted to know that google really not work with forms or I am missing anything. So I found that it is not my mistake.

Thanks.