PDA

View Full Version : Reverse tab order not working

satkannanab
09-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Hi to one and all,
I have a issue related to reverse tab order.
My html page was designed using table and div.Inside that several form items are included. Forward tab order is perfectly working in my page. But the thing is reverse tab order not functioning . It directly going from tab index 3 to 1. not passing between 2nd index.
Please refer my below code,
<table align="center" bgcolor="#f4f4f4" border="1" bordercolor="#d7d9e2" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1">
<tr><td class="pg_tit_bg">Earnings</td>
<td class="label1" align="center"> <input type="radio" value="E" name="earnDeducRadioVal" onclick="getListValue('E');" id="rad" /></tr>
</table>
<table>
<thead>
<tr>
<td class="pg_tit_bg">Deduction Code</td>
<tr>
</thead>
<div id="gridDetails" align="center">
<tbody id="newbody"><tr>
<td class="label2"><input type="text" name="edCd" value="PF" readonly="readonly" tabindex="-1" id="edcode" class="INPUTboxro"/></td>
<td class="label2"><input type="text" name="edPrintSeq" maxlength="3" value="1" tabindex="2" id="priority" /></tr>
</tbody><tfoot></tfoot></div>
</table>
<table align="center"><tr>
<td colspan="3" align="center"><input type="image" alt="Submit" src="images/save.gif" tabindex="3"/>
</tr></table>

Thanks in advance,

Satheesh Kannan.

thenajsays
09-02-2009, 12:49 PM
ive never heard of reverse tab order and as far as i know, you cant use negative numbers...

satkannanab
09-03-2009, 02:41 AM
Hi,
Reverse tab order in sense of using shift+tab key. It'll focus to previous form field. In case if the key in focus in tab index of 4 means by pressing shift+tab it'll **** it focus to tab index of 3. These things are working fine if my page desinged using table, but in case of using div means the shift+tab is not focusing to proper field.

Thanks,
Satheesh Kannan.

psikolog
09-03-2009, 01:05 PM
I think you have to modify the line

<td class="label2"><input type="text" name="edCd" value="PF" readonly="readonly" tabindex="-1" id="edcode" class="INPUTboxro"/></td>

to

<td class="label2"><input type="text" name="edCd" value="PF" readonly="readonly" tabindex="1" id="edcode" class="INPUTboxro"/></td>

The problem is -1, if you make it 1, your tab and reverse tab orders will work fine.

Nejat

thenajsays
09-03-2009, 01:08 PM
ok, now i see what youre loking for... psikolog is absolutely right... negative numbers arent supported... the only "reverse tabbing" is with ****+tab and the just reverses the tab order you currently have, thats all