PDA

View Full Version : Text break to next line (overflow)

Spinethetic
09-06-2005, 05:47 PM
http://operation911.5gigs.com/inhistory_operationnorthwoodsofficialdeclassifiedjointchiefsofstaffdocuments.htm

As you can see I have a background that simply has a line in it on the far right side, but I do not want any of my content to go beyond further right than this line, essentially to <br> when it reaches a certain number of pixels onto the page without me having to format every single page on the site with <br>s where they need to be. :confused:

Twey
09-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Put it in a <div> of the specified size.

Spinethetic
09-06-2005, 08:20 PM
Well yes that would work but I was thinking of something more along the lines of in reference to my global .CSS file that is loaded into each page. I have way too manu html pages to have to spend hours putting DIVs in, if there is something I could put into mastersyle.css that would amend the problem would be great.

jscheuer1
09-07-2005, 02:54 AM
I liked the effect this had on your sample page:

.txt {
width:620px;
}
.txt p {
text-align:justify;
}

center {
position:absolute;left:-53px;
}Just add it as the last style blocks on masterstyle.css. I have no idea how this will effect other pages you have. Also, it appears to me that you could use a few more style hooks on your pages. And, you really should close your <p> tags properly.

spyder
09-08-2005, 02:15 AM
you could always put it in a div, and give it a class="" , then in your css specify the size of the div. then you can use it on multiple pages, and only have it 1 place. just a thought