PDA

View Full Version : simplegallery image dimension issue

sloporto
08-29-2009, 02:29 AM
1) Script Title: simplegallery image dimension issue

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=2

var mygallery=new simpleGallery({
wrapperid: "simplegallery",
dimensions: [402, 285],

3) Describe problem: I'm using a WordPress theme that uses simplegallery. I'm trying to customize it a little. The online help says:
"dimensions": Should be set to the width and height of your images, which are assumed to all be the same size. Those images that are larger will be partially clipped, while those that are smaller will appear with extra whitespace inside the gallery.

What I'm finding is my image is 320x240 so it appears simplegallery stretches the image to the 402x285 and so it gets grainy and looses quality. I then resized the image to 1600x1124 pixels and it actually now appears in the simplegallery as a smaller image with lots of white space. So I'm confused with what the dimension coordinates really are. Are they not pixels? I want a nice crisp image. By the way I found I could only get the images to appear if I used the flickr option.

Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

sloporto
08-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Does anyone have any ideas about this quality issue? I tried another approach and replaced the Flickr images with the original images which are high quality images. The images display and fit the simplegallery objects size, but even with these very high quality images they are all grainy - the quality is lost. There is an image on the header that is behind this simplegallery widget that looks great which is the same image size as these other images I'm using with simplegallery.

ddadmin
08-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Hmm the script doesn't actually resize any of the images it shows, despite what you set in the "dimensions" property"

dimensions: [402, 285],

The above just affects the dimensions of the gallery itself, with images larger than that being partially hidden. Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.