PDA

View Full Version : Text Image Crawler expands endless to the window's edge in IE7

telepopik
08-27-2009, 04:28 AM
1) Script Title: Text and Image Crawler

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/crawler/index.htm

3) Describe problem:
I have this script working perfectly on FF, Opera, Safary (thank you). But on IE7 my marque div begins to expand to the left to infinite size. If I put mouse on the left then all images goes once to the right and gone.

May be there is a problem with {width:100%} of some parent DIVs but i cant fix it.
Thats link to my trouble site: http://www.exotic-dog.ru/

telepopik
08-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Solved that.
My script generated images inside table, that's why that didn't worked in IE

I replaced table data with <span style="dispay:inline-block">

andrewjaybecker
10-07-2009, 10:51 PM
hi, i am having the same problem with my site in IE.
would you be able to explain a little more about what exactly you did to fix the never ending string of photos and placement problems with the slideshow in Internet Explorer?

andy
andrewjaybecker@gmail.com

Thanks so much

jscheuer1
10-08-2009, 12:46 AM
You really should start a new thread for a new question. Even though the situation seems the same as in this thread, it may not be. Basically though I can tell you that tables should be avoided whenever possible. Valid Transitional or Strict HTML 4.01 markup should be used. The script will actually detect when you are in a table in IE 7 or less and try to compensate via initializing onload - all other browsers may init in the flow of the page, as can IE 7 or less when there is no table involved. IE 8 can init as all other browsers can.

To be specific I would need to see your live page.

Please start a new thread on that, but feel free to post a link to your new thread here, so I can find it.

In the meantime, who knows - telepopik may answer here, even though it is a bit of an old thread (Aug 2009).

andrewjaybecker
10-15-2009, 07:04 PM
hi john
i just sent you an email and posted a new reply
thank you for your reply :)