PDA

View Full Version : Splash Page script help

delpheye
08-17-2009, 09:55 PM
1) Splash Page script help

2) http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex3/dynamicsplash.htm

3) I'm using the script and it's working, but I'm using it as a navigation tool to ease confusion between several websites. I have the logos for said websites in the iframe but what happens(due to the iframe) is that the address bar isn't updated to reflect that actual URL of the page that a visitor selects.

Is there a way to use the splash screen in this manner? I'd like for visitors to be able to click on the logo of their choice and navigate to the destination website as if they had typed it into their address bar.

I've tried changing the iframe to an anchor tag, but obviously this hasn't worked.

Thank you very much for providing the script, it's definitely giving me good exposure to javascript and I hope to use this problem as a learning tool.

delpheye
08-18-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm guessing that I have to get rid of the iframe altogether, which is fine but I'm not sure what to replace it with to just render the splash page and let the visitor either navigate using it or let the timer expire and move onto the URL they intended in the first place.

Any ideas?