PDA

View Full Version : DD Accordion: Link in menu header can't be accessed if it's submenu is already open

kdmemo
07-27-2009, 09:56 PM
I try to explain as compact as possible.

I'm using DD Accordion Content script (v1.7) with revealtype: 'clickgo'. Each of my submenues contains a number of links to certain pages. The titles in the headers are linked as well to introductory pages to a particular section. If a submenu is expanded, the corresponding header, if clicked, doesn't link to the page it is linked with. Probably because the submenu is open already, a 'clickgo' event doesn't occur.

Hmm, that's pretty bad for me. Does anybody know a workaround?

Revealtype 'mouseover' is not an option in this case.

Any help is much appreciated.

jimothy
11-23-2009, 07:30 AM
I've just encountered this very same problem, and a forum search didn't reveal any answers. Did you ever solve your problem, kdmemo? Or does anyone else know how to deal with this?

kdmemo
11-25-2009, 08:37 PM
No, Jimothy, I haven't solved this riddle and actually forgot about it. But it is quite a mystery that there is still only a tiny number of people out there who seem to bother. If you find it out, please please let me know. I still need it.

jimothy
12-01-2009, 05:39 AM
Well, I just thought of this imperfect workaround: Try using an onClick behavior instead of href inside the <a> tag of your menu headers:

onClick="location.href='url'"

(...where "url" is the location of your link.) Unfortunately, this overrides the "clickgo" behavior, so the accordion probably won't have time to finish animating before navigating directly to your url.

Does anyone else have an idea for a fix that will allow everything to function like it's supposed to?