PDA

View Full Version : Fading Slideshow Preload Images

weth
08-30-2005, 08:47 PM
The fading slideshow at:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm
is really good, but I want to be able to just preload the images and not have to re-download them each time each frame is displayed. Right now, if I go to my site and then disconnect from the internet it won't continue scrolling through the frames, is there some way that it would load it once and then re-load from the temp. internet files or something like that?

Thanks

jscheuer1
08-30-2005, 09:30 PM
I just did an experiment with the live demo for this script on Dynamic Drive. After it had scrolled through once, I disconnected my modem. The images kept scrolling. This worked in both the IE and FF browsers. There might be something about either your page or your server that is preventing the use of the cached images. Will the demo of this script behave as you want your own version to? Try it and see. Also, depending upon your connection speed, the images may not be cached yet when you elect to disconnect from the internet. If caching is disabled or limited in your browser, this could be the cause as well. If you supply a link to your problem page, I might be able to be more specific, or discover another cause at work.

weth
08-31-2005, 12:14 AM
I realised the problem: my Temp. net files was set to 100 MB max and "update each time you visit the page" so i changed it to "update each restart of IE"

thanks for the help