PDA

View Full Version : small Problems with script "Iframe SSI script II" in Firefox.

webcan
08-30-2005, 07:12 PM
HI! The link below is a link to one of your scripts scripts on dynamic drive. It has one problem or missing feature to over come a Firefox problem.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/iframessi2.htm

If you put a the iframe in a table and run the page it will resize the content to fit the table but not the body of the page. All other browser such as IE, NS, Opera work well with the CSS height attribute set to 100% for the body tag.

I think this is s problem with Firefox/mozilla and not your script but I would like to know if there is a way to fix this without refreshing the page

NOTE: If you load the page in Firefox and then resize it in any way it will fix the body problem. So perhaps some way of resizing the main page +1 pixel and then -1 pixel could be a work around the firefox issue.

Let me know what you think.
Here is a URL to a test page. let it load the click the link at the upper left corner that says "Link". then scroll down and you will see that the body has not resized to fit the content. but if you try this in IE, NS, Opera the body will be flush with the content.

http://www.webcandesign.com/with_fl/Html/main_test_newnew.asp

NOTE: Try this. once you load the page in FF and click the link like I mentioned above. Do this, resize the browser either by manually using your mouse to expand and the back to the way it was. OR just click the standard Button on your browser and then click the it again to Maximize it again and you will see that it does rezise the body to content. this is why I am almost possitive that this is a bug in FF/Mozilla and that a possible work around might be to just resize it Via Javascript in order to force it to reset the body.

Ps. I have test this firefox problem with numerous scripts with the same outcome. And I have tested this with 3 other computers with different settings and browsers.

I also people to try it on forums and with the same result for firefox.

Paul

Twey
08-30-2005, 08:02 PM
NOTE: If you load the page in Firefox and then resize it in any way it will fix the body problem. So perhaps some way of resizing the main page +1 pixel and then -1 pixel could be a work around the firefox issue.

var w = document.width, h = document.height;
window.resizeTo(w+1, h+1);
window.resizeTo(w,h);

I don't see this on your demo page, however.
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050720 Fedora/1.0.6-1.1.fc4 Firefox/1.0.6

webcan
08-31-2005, 06:18 AM
HI! that because I did not do not know how to acomplish this at this time. When I said perhapes I meant that maybe it would work if we resized it. but I am not possitive until we try it.

Do you know how I can acomplish this?

Paul

Twey
08-31-2005, 07:42 AM
See the code above.

Firefox does initially display scrollbars, but then realizes its mistake and resizes the iframe. As the content loads, it gets larger; this is perfectly normal behaviour.
Perhaps you're using an older version of Firefox.

webcan
09-01-2005, 04:45 AM
HI! no that's not what I mean. Its the body that not getting re-sized. the table and the iframe are ok. but when you get a large page and then insert a smaller page then the that's when you will see the problem of the body still being the same size as the height was for the previous page.

Take a look at in firefox the try it in IE or NS and you will see the difference.

I have the latest verison of firefox. and I have tested this on other computers as well. there are also others out there that have see this as well.

The problem is also aparent in Mozilla as well. Another user told me so.

Let me know if you see what I am talking about.

Paul

webcan
09-01-2005, 04:56 AM
HI! I just noticed the code that you gave me ( I thought it was a quote ) opps :)

ps. where should I put it though? should it be called from the child page in the iframe or should I put it towards the end of the parent page?

Paul

Twey
09-01-2005, 08:57 AM
It should be in the parent page. Resizing the window, however, changes nothing for me.
I see what you mean, viewing it in Opera... but surely you don't want it to look like that? Half the iframe is lopped off.

webcan
09-01-2005, 12:12 PM
HI! I see that the script does not even work in Opera at all. I viewed the one on the DD site and it does not even show the images not does it work be clicking the link.

I see If I will continue with this method at all. there is an obvious script problem that needs to be resolved.

I have Opera v 8.01 and it is listed to work with 7.0 above.