PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Basic Help Needed for Snow Effect in Blogger

Penniwig
07-17-2009, 06:01 AM
1) Script Title: Snow Effect w/o Images

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex3/snownoimages.htm (uses something called "snow.js" w/i the little script given to copy)

3) Describe problem:

I do not know where to put the file that needs to be called up, the snow.js.

Do I just save it on my computer? But how will it get to my blog?

Do I put it in one of the HTML/JAVASCRIPT gadgets in Blogger by opening the snow.js file, then copy and paste the code in?

Do I then put the little shortcut code that calls up this snow.js code in ANOTHER HTML/JAVASCRIPT gadget?

Finally, since I use FF and many visitors do too, and both the bubble script and snow effect are not working in FF without the addition of that little bit of code +px at the end of lines 93 and 94 (the lines that start with "document..."), do I need to find similar lines in the snow.js and put the little +px in there?

Thank you for any help. I have the bubble script running on my blog now, with the addition of that +px business (you can see it work on my blog, penniwigs.blogspot.com), but am totally unsure of how to install the snow effect script, since it calls up a separate script itself.

TY

Penniwig
07-17-2009, 06:02 AM
By the way, yes, I realize I would need to take away the bubble effect before changing over to the snow effect. I am just getting ready to try to move to the snow effect for autumn, thank you.