PDA

View Full Version : Mail form using javascript

fobos
07-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Hi (who ever is helping),
im in a bit of a dalema?:eek:. i have a form that i need to send via email (Microsoft Exchange) to someone with all of the inputs of the form. i have looked around, but no luck. maybe im not looking in the right spot, but would love is someone could give me a starter script. I have tried PHP, but cannot connect to the exchange server because the web server is not on a network.
Thanks for any help that may be provided.

Jesdisciple
07-17-2009, 12:29 AM
The only thing I know that can help is <a href="mailto:...">.

However, I need to warn you of a Google toolbar/mail bug that may affect other email clients. They've apparently pruned it from the toolbar's forum since I reported it, but it crams the message all on one line. URLs have a mechanism to allow special characters such as newlines to be sent, but Google doesn't fully implement it. To test your own client, save this link in an HTML file and click it:
<a href="mailto:user@example.com?body=foo%0d%0abar">Do as ooga booga do.</a>In Gmail, I see "foo bar" with no newline (which I encoded properly in the URL).

Anyway, if you want to use this (preferably from PHP), see here (http://www.ianr.unl.edu/internet/mailto.html) for all the available options.