PDA

View Full Version : Accordion Functionality

racerxfactor
07-13-2009, 09:20 PM
1) Script Title: accordion

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ddaccordionmenu.htm

3) Describe problem: the accordion menu i'm using is linked to internal pages (mostly).

in firefox when i navigate to another page with the header uncompressed with all options - when i get to the page it will stay uncompressed seemlessly.

however in IE it goes through the process of reloading the menu - compressing then expanding to it's state. is there a reason why this is? I've reworked the menu with two different DD accordion scripts already so I'm guessing it's not the type of accordion but the accordion itself.

ddadmin
07-14-2009, 05:16 AM
Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

racerxfactor
07-14-2009, 05:37 PM
I was going to put up a stripped down version of the pages on my personal web space - the project is for a client and would not be in the best interest if I made any reference to that client.

Upon further review it seems apparent that the issue is caused by implementing several scripts on the page and other various content like images. I can say for example there are at least 5 scripts loading on the page which are client based scripts that have to be on.

It's a loading issue and I don't see at this point how we can resolve the issue without having to take out a lot of content.

Edit: I still put up a copy on my server - http://racerxfactor.com/moc/test_index.html

Its a very stripped down version of the site but still has hiccups when clicking through. They aren't as obvious but you'll notice that the nav needs to take a sec to reload to it's present state

ddadmin
07-15-2009, 06:45 AM
If you're referring to the slight jolting down then up in IE after clicking through to the next page, I see it. Not sure why it's doing that at the moment- it's almost like there something on the page, such as one of the images, is temporarily changing the height of the document before snapping back to its original height.

At this point your guess is as good as mine, though there's nothing in the Accordion script that should be the cause of this by itself. There's something else on your page, most likely the layout itself (ie: CSS) or another script that together is contributing to this. Sorry for not being able to offer more advise at this point.

racerxfactor
07-17-2009, 01:10 AM
So if I end up taking out the other js files the nav works just fine. It is prevalent that the other js files that are on the same page is breaking the nav function. I've been search the web for a solution to prioritize which js files loads first. Or setting a delay to the other js files so jquery and ddaccordion load first?.

any suggestions?

ddadmin
07-17-2009, 03:27 AM
I don't think specifying the order in which the .js file loads will necessarily change anything- the issue has to do with one of the other scripts affecting the Accordion somehow in IE. What do the other scripts do function wise?

racerxfactor
07-17-2009, 06:07 AM
the other scripts include two menus for the header and footer and another for analytic s

ddadmin
07-17-2009, 06:54 AM
Analytics shouldn't be an issue- have you tried disabling just the other menu script?

racerxfactor
07-18-2009, 02:33 PM
I've taken out all other scripts of the page and the menu works fine. I am looking for a way to delay the loading of those other scripts in order to have the nav script fullly load before any other script.

racerxfactor
07-20-2009, 05:20 PM
any thoughts on how i can delay external scripts?