PDA

View Full Version : Disabling image save with JS

jtrory
07-12-2009, 03:35 AM
Hi,

I'm building a website for a photographer friend of mine, and she's asked me if there's any way to disable peoples' ability to save her pictures directly off her website. I know you can disable right clicking, but nowadays, the popular browsers (specifically Firefox and Safari) give you the ability to drag an image off a website and onto the desktop.

The problem I'm having is that although I've found codes that will do this, I can't use them because I have the image locations directly inside JS that I'm using for slideshow galleries. The code I keep finding has to go inside SRC tags that don't exist within my JS.

So does anyone know of a basic JS code that could just sit in the <HEAD> or <BODY> of my HTML that could do something like this?

thetestingsite
07-12-2009, 03:41 AM
There have been many discussions about this and basically if it is on the web, people can take it. You can do a lot to deter people; however, if someone wants something, they will get it no matter what. I know this is not the answer you are looking for, but this is one of those things that you just can't get around.