PDA

View Full Version : I hope someone here can HELP .rm problem

delantian
08-28-2005, 08:03 PM
ok sorry if this a basic question but i am trying to host a .rm file from my server i am serving from home using iis. i used real producer to make the .rm file i called it mrjones.rm and put it on the web root directory and it works!but when i use my browser to look it up http://www.domain.com/mrjones.rm a box comes up asking for username and password can someone tell me what im doing wrong? all permissions available are granted why is it asking for username and password for this file?

the link above is just an example not the real url.!

cr3ative
08-28-2005, 08:09 PM
the link above is just an example not the real url.!

That's really not helping, is it :)

CHMOD the file to something suitable, it could be something as simple as that. Otherwise, check with your host that they support downloads of that type. Cheap hosts often have stings in the tail such as that.

cr3

delantian
08-28-2005, 08:11 PM
i am the host i know thats not the problem i am using iis to serve it but when i retrive from the web its coming up as unsername and passward required.. why? all my permissions are granted as far as i know.

Twey
08-29-2005, 11:19 AM
Does IIS support .htaccess?

delantian
08-29-2005, 01:56 PM
forgive me for i am a rookie web master but what is .htaccess do i need that to stream?

Twey
08-29-2005, 04:06 PM
.htaccess is a file that controls access permissions to your files. If IIS supports it, I would suggest this as the most likely cause of your problem.