PDA

View Full Version : Form Dependency Manager Problems

charlieboy
07-08-2009, 02:26 PM
1) Script Title: Form Dependency Manager

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex16/formdependency.htm

3) Describe problem: I've been working with this for the first time today as it's ideal for a project I'm working on and have a couple of minor issues I would be grateful for any assistance with.

There is a working example of what I have so far at...
http://clients.creativeph.co.uk/warranty

The first issue I have is that in the section headed 'Resolution', when you select 'FOC Replacement' it should then reveal another section below headed 'Address to send...'. This appears to work correctly in IE6/7 and FF2/3 on PC and FF3 on Mac, but in Safari 3 on Mac the hidden section is displayed when you first visit the page. Is there some conditional code I need to correct this?

The second issue is that in the section headed 'Product & Fault Details' I have three questions which utilise the form dependency method using drop down selections - 1. Product Group, 2. Product Code and 3. Product Fault. Currently there is just one drop down displayed in Question 1 and I have set up it's values of 'Shredders' and 'Laminators' to then display their own specific drop downs in Questions 2 and 3. Ideally what I would like is that when the page first loads up, it actually displays a drop down menu in these two questions as well that simply have a <option selected "selected"></option> caption displaying, and then when a selection is made from Question 1, the drop downs in Questions 2 & 3 are replaced with the appropriate resulting drop downs.

Additionally with Issue 2, I've found that in IE6/7 when you currently select one of the two active selections from the drop down menu in Question 1, the appropriate drop downs appear in Questions 2 and 3, but it does not display the <option selected "selected"></option> text that is set for each.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance with this.
Kind regards
Paul