PDA

View Full Version : Ajaxtabs > open tabs content by clicking on links inside of the tabs content window?

spycam
07-02-2009, 01:02 PM
1) Script Title:
Ajax Tabs Content
2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxtabscontent/index.htm
3) Describe problem:

Hello,
I use ajax tabs content script and all is fine so far, ecxept one thing, let's say i have:

tab1 tab2 tab3
---------------
content page
---------------

When the whole page is loaded, tab 1 content is showed in "content page" area, but how do I make a link so when I click on that link inside of that "content page", to open the tab2 content in the same "content page" window (div window) without reloading the whole page using a remote link (<a href="target.htm?tabinterfaceid=index">Target Page</a>)?

The idea is that let's say i have header, content area and footer.
So tabs is the menu of the site that let me have the header and footer loaded only once, but content area has different info on every click. So in header i have flash animation with music playing, and if i click on remote link from inside of ajax tabs content, it reloads all page and music starts from the beginning. It's no good for me, i need to have links inside of ajax tabs content area to open other content pages...

ddadmin
07-02-2009, 04:13 PM
You can try the explanation under the header "Dynamically loading an external page using Ajax" on the supplementary page (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxtabscontent/ajaxtabs_suppliment.htm) to load new content into the container using Ajax. Having said that though, Ajax may have problems loading the type of content you're trying to show dynamically, in which you should first try the IFRAME option of loading your contents. The advantage of this is also that any link inside the loaded content when clicked on naturally continues to load within the iframe.

spycam
07-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Thank you
javascript: countries.expandit(1) - this "tool" works fine for me and is exactly what i wanted.

Thanks once again

spycam
09-03-2009, 11:25 AM
I didn't want to open another thread about other problem i encountered...
When content is showed in "content page", it is actually a page is showing inside, the problem is that i have username and password fields on that content page and usually, when i login for a first time, browser asks me if i want it to remember the l/p, if i allow it to remember my l/p, next time, when i visit that page, i already see the entered username and password fields so i only need to click the "login" button, or if there are several usernames to login with, i just browse and pick the right one and the password field is automatically filled with matching password...

So, when i load the content page out of the ajax tabs content, it all works OK, but when it's opened inside, it doesn't show stored username and password fields automatically...

Any workaround for that?

ddadmin
09-04-2009, 01:53 AM
Hmm this may be a general issue with Ajax causing the browser to not know that content fetched by it contains fields that have already been filled out previously by the user. You may want to try doing a search on Google for this, as I'm not familiar with the problem.