PDA

View Full Version : Reposition DIV

mastubbs
06-29-2009, 12:36 AM
1) Script Title: Drop down/ Overlapping Content script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/overlapcontent.htm

3) Describe problem:

Hi guys,

this is probably pretty simple but on this script there are 4 preset locations for the div to appear left-bottom, right-bottom, left-top, right-top...

I want to position the div that appears away from the link used to drop it down. Is this poss?

Ive tried setting left and right on the divs css to move it but it is just stuck in right-bottom (im guessing this is default as where you should set postiton i have left it blank but its appearing there)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

sniperman
06-29-2009, 09:22 AM
could you post a link to a working model or wrap the code here so we can have a look, thanks. Your intention seems vague unless we know what we are working with.

mastubbs
07-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Sure thing,

www.project1.10.tomlinsgrove.com/ajaxtab/test1.html is a model.

What im really trying to do is have the div that opens be centred horizontally in the page with a vertical offset from the top of the page, rather than open to the 'bottom-right' of the link you click to open it (which is what the js is written to make it do).

(so the div would open inline with, and under the 'hhhh's that are on the model page.

Thanks in advance for any help

matt

mastubbs
07-12-2009, 11:58 PM
Hi guys,

Still really having trouble with this. have been working on it on my own but no joy. What i want to do is set the position of the div manually rather than have it relative to the link (ie: not to its top-left [for example] but somewhere elsewhere on the page)

Any help would be really gratefully received,

Matt