PDA

View Full Version : Populate drill down menu with database values?

jdjames
06-24-2009, 07:16 PM
1) Script Title: Drill Down Menu (v1.5)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/drilldownmenu.htm

3) Describe problem:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, please let me know where it should go or move it if need be.

I want to use this menu to drill down through several layers of categories to get to a final product for my customers to purchase. We are using an asp application (3d Cart) and do not have access to the actual asp code. My question is this, is there a way I can populate this menu with database values from my access database rather than coding 65000+ links by hand, or is there another solution that may help? You can view my site at www.alternatorsstarters.com and click through the category menu on the left to see what I am dealing with.

Thanks,

James

ddadmin
06-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Well, as long as you're able to dynamically generate the entire list of links as a nested UL list, then the script can use that as its contents. But that's a lot of links to have physically embedded on each page, and page loading time will suffer as a result. I think what you're really asking is if the Drill Menu can load each sub level's contents on demand, such as when the user clicks on the parent LI to view its sub contents. Unfortunately there's no easy way at the moment- the script requires the complete nested UL.